Thursday, March 11, 2010

Well here I am in all my swim-suit clad glory, 13 months into my life changing journey, 16.1k lighter and weighing 86.2k.

Feeling happy with my progress, but also know there is nearly twice this to go. I would like to weigh 58 kilos, which is the high-end of my healthy weight range. I can't imagine what I will look like. The lightest I remember weighing is 70kilos, and I think I was about 11 years old then. Boy-o-boy, that was 34 years ago. Yep, the 70k mark will be a blow-out to reach.

At the moment my next goal is getting to 80k. I did weigh this about 5years ago, after loosing 20k doing a stupid diet where I paid bucket loads of money, for someone to test my blood and tell me to eat 3 times a day only, with 5hrs in between meals and ensure that the first thing I ate was the protien. I feel for this hook-line-and-sinker. It wasn't long before I knew this rubbish wasn't sustainable. So after 'finding' the 20k I had 'lost', and a few more; I know now that less-in-more-out is the way to go. Also, slow and steady is the way to do this I still eat, drink and enjoy my life, but slowly and surely I am becoming healthier every day.

Cheers
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Good on you Mandy!
    I'm hoping to become an 80's girl next week too!
    All we need to do is stick to what works:
    ** portion sizes
    ** daily points
    ** water
    ** exercise

    That's really all there is to it! Easy? No but it is do-able if we TRULY want it enough!

    Have a great week! Gae oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are fantastic! You've lost weight everywhere, but most of all I think that you must have much more space around you in every chair you sit in. Your bum has got a lot smaller.
    Aren't we brave to do this so publicly? Took me a long time to put my photos on my blog - it's a bit scary! But I want to own up the the problem and fix it.
    Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kahama,

    How are you getting on? - hope you are sticking at this healthy living thing!

    Liv

    ReplyDelete